Z

Friday, January 19, 2007

Surf's Up

I was excited I was going to go surfing in the morning but ended up going surfing in the afternoon. This was a good thing because I went looking for my dad’s present as well as I finally bought some dvds, which are even cheaper here than in Korea. I got back to the hotel just in time to meet up with the MBA guy – this was the company I book my tours with. Ku-ming took me to the surf shop where I would have my lesson.

My instructor filled me in on the different waves, the tide and current and all that is surfing. He even made a bet I would get up on my first try. I got halfway up and it took my third try to have a good run. I even caught a few “green” waves, which are ones that have not broken yet. It was a lot of fun! I would recommend it to anyone.

I went shopping for things for my family and me after that. I even found the post office to pick up some stamps for my dad. When I finished that, I ran into Ayla and her friends, Alan and met two Fabio’s. All are from Brazil, studying English in Australia.

We went for dinner and then made plans to go out. I wore one of my new outfits for clubbing and I had on more clothes than most people – a skirt and a strapless shirt. There were people there wearing just shorts (the guys) and girls in bikini’s and stuff. There were people that had on jeans and sweatshirts and I can’t even fathom putting those articles of clothing on here. I headed back to my hotel about 3am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home